- Review by Terry Needham August 17, 2014Terry Needham And today, a lovely review came in from Terry Needham, an author from Illinois. Terry’s review of Waiting on the Sky: Cheryl Unruh is one of my favorite Kansas authors. She gives this place called Kansas a voice. Sometimes it whispers, sometimes it roars . . . and occasionally, but rarely […]
- Review by Tracy Simmons August 17, 2014Tracy Simmons My friend Tracy Million Simmons, author of a great novel set near Dodge City, Tiger Hunting, and co-author of the soon-to-be-released The Green Bike, has posted a review of my new book Waiting on the Sky. Read Tracy’s review of Waiting on the Sky. ***** ***
- Winner of book giveaway August 3, 2014And the winner of the book giveaway is…. Seth Bate of Winfield. The random number generator selected the number 25. Seth’s 22 was closest. Thank you to all who played. This was fun. I’ll have another giveaway again, so stay tuned.
- Book Giveaway July 31, 20148.3.14 – UPDATE: SETH BATE of Winfield is the winner of the book giveaway. The random number generator chose 25. Seth’s number was closest at 21. Hey, I think it’s about time to give away a copy of my new book, Waiting on the Sky: More Flyover People Essays. Wanna play along? Here’s […]
- What’s Next? July 17, 2014From a “research” hike earlier this month. Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. Writing a book is like making a pie: it’s a lot of work to make one, but it gets gobbled up quickly, and then people want more. So, that’s a good thing, really, that people want more, but book writin’ takes a while. And […]