- A Flyover Review October 1, 2014David Beeson, from way over the ocean in England, wrote a lovely review of my Flyover People book: In praise of praise for a place called home. However flat. **** ***
- Little Library September 20, 2014Found this cute Little Free Library in Strong City this morning, near the park/caboose. We also noticed that restoration work is being done on the Strong City Depot.
- Gazette article September 14, 2014So, this story about my new book, Waiting on the Sky, was in the Emporia Gazette prior to last Thursday’s reading at the Lyon County History Center. ***
- Thurs. Sept. 4 at 6 p.m. August 28, 2014I’m thrilled to be giving a book talk/reading at the future home of the Lyon County History Center, 709 Commercial in Emporia, on Thursday, Sept. 4, at 6:00 p.m., The Lyon County Historical Society is in fund-raising mode, working at bringing in money to renovate the building in downtown Emporia. Right now the museum […]
- Review by Terry Needham August 17, 2014Terry Needham And today, a lovely review came in from Terry Needham, an author from Illinois. Terry’s review of Waiting on the Sky: Cheryl Unruh is one of my favorite Kansas authors. She gives this place called Kansas a voice. Sometimes it whispers, sometimes it roars . . . and occasionally, but rarely […]